What is goCharge?
goCharge.tech is a mobile and web app that connects you to a network of power bank rental stations. Power banks are fully charged and ready to be used. Our stations are connected to the Elrond blockchain and will accept both crypto and fiat payments.
Why would I rent a power bank instead of buying one?
There are multiple reasons:
– you don’t have to worry about charging power bank and carry it with you all the time
– help build a sustainable and green future on our planet
– power bank can be picked up from one station and returned to any station in our network
– power banks come with 3 cable types that fits for all modern devices: usb c, lightning and miniUSB
What is the utility of your startup?
Our goal is to connect web2 traditional business model to web3 and bring benefits of the blockchain: cut the fees. Small fees result in the best price for you: every credit card transaction is charged by the payment processors. Comparing Elrond fees and other traditional credit card payment processors for a number of 2000 transactions ($1 average tx amount) we will cut the costs with ~$200. Click here to open the calculator.
There are 2 revenue sources:
1. power bank rentals
2. running commercials on the stations display
By integrating ESDT token into our business model, we’re solving few issues:
– Cut the transaction fees – it costs less than $0.01 to sign a transaction in Elrond blockchain, while payment processors takes ~$0.20-$0.50 per transaction
– Franchise owners receive tokens instantly when rental is paid with CHARGED tokens and no minimum amount is requested for withdrawal
At this moment we have few stations in Romania which are used for development and testing purpose.
We aim to install the first stations in Q1 2023. Our business plan is split into 3 phases as follows:
– Q1 2023 install 50 stations
– Q1 2024 install 500 stations
– Q4 2024 install 2500 stations
Our target is to install the first batch of 50 stations in Amsterdam and then expand in major EU cities.
Depending on the country and city, you can choose to get the stations in a franchise system or we can install them.
Please submit the form on our contact page with all your details and we’ll get in touch shortly.
There is no difference. All stations are connected to the same app. On the map page, user will be guided to the closest one to their location, no matter if it’s owned by goCharge or someone else.
How franchise works? Who can own a power bank or station?
We’ll implement 2 types of franchise:
– individuals will be able to buy power banks and keep them in our network. They will be able to borrow any battery, any time, from any place and will pay only a small fee for charging the power bank (to the station owner). When someone else is renting their batteries, power bank owners will receive a fee. For example: person A has a battery; person B rents the power bank owned by person A; person A receives a fee from person B’s payment.
– legal entities can buy stations with power banks that will be included in our app. These entities will pay a small fee for infrastructure (servers, support, maintenance), but all revenue from these power banks rentals will go into their accounts.
Who will take care of maintenance of the stations?
How is the app developed? In-house or outsourcing?
goCharge mobile and web app is developed in house by our team members. At the current stage we have an MVP that works with fiat and crypto payments. Fiat payments are processed by Stripe and for the ESDT token we’ve implemented a Smart Contract on Elrond blockchain.
Where is the company based?
How do you guarantee goCharge success?
Success comes with hard work. Nobody can guarantee success for a startup, but we can guarantee that we have a great and experienced team and we give our 100% to achieve best results. Our code and Smart Contracts will be audited by external entities and we’re in contact with technical and security advisors with work experience in big companies, including FAANG.